My baby girl is 9 months old today. How did that happen?! Wasn't I just in the hospital having her last month? It is absolutely amazing how quickly time goes when you have a baby. But, even though I feel like Kenzie's only been a part of my life for such a short period of time- I can't imagine my life without her! She is the sweetest baby! She can crawl pretty good now. She has also started pulling herself up to standing using furniture. She won't nap easily now because if she's upset- she'll stand up and scream. It's sad.
On another note- Christmas is coming up! I'm so excited for Kenzie's first Christmas. We finished all of our shopping on Black Friday. We got some good deals and feel pretty good about most of the things we bought. The Saturday after Thanksgiving- Tyler, Alanna & I drove up to Park City and went shopping. We got a lot of clothing for a little bit of money. Tyler got about 4 new pairs of pants, and a few shirts, a scarf, etc. Much needed new wardrobe for a man who lost 65 pounds in under a year! :)
I have SO much to wrap, and I'm kind of excited to do it. I was looking forward to it yesterday. When I put Kenzie down for her nap I got everything ready to wrap, and then I realized I have no tape. Dang it. Present wrapping is going to have to wait until I have time to pick some up. I just really want to put the presents under the tree. Most years we don't have money to do much so there aren't any presents under the tree except maybe 1 or 2. This year we have a bunch so I REALLY want them under it to enjoy! I love giving. It's SO much better than receiving.
I had a realization last week- I'm going to have a new nephew in about a month! I'm so excited! Laurie is going to be such a good mom, and I'm excited for her to have all the fun experiences that I've already had with Kenzie.
On the last Friday of November, Janet (Tyler's mom) took us to "The Roof" restaurant downtown. It is located at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The food was really good, but the company was better. Tyler's Brother, Zach, and our sister-in-law, Lindsey and their adorable son, Britton, were there with us too. After dinner we went downstairs and took some pictures in front of the Christmas tree there. Some of them turned out but some didn't. Kids wouldn't sit still. You know how it is! Britton wanted to push Kenzie off the chair. Kenzie kept trying to pull his hair, or just wiggle off the chair herself. Oh what a night...
After that, we walked around Temple Square and looked at all of the Christmas lights that were put up that day. They were so pretty! Here are a couple of pictures from that night.




Last week my brother, Mikey, took some pictures of my little family. I haven't seen many of them yet- but I am looking forward to it! We're going to print a couple of pictures for my mom & grandma for Christmas. Tyler took a few pictures too- so I'll post what I have so far.












I love Christmas! It's just so MAGICAL! And I'm glad you guys have lots of presents to put under the tree this year. I did all of my wrapping yesterday afternoon and then I just sat and stared in glee. Giving is totally better than receiving. :) P.S. The family pic in front of the truck is AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are great pictures! And look how marvelously skinny you and Tyler are! Way to go, both of you, on losing weight. You really look great!
ReplyDeleteShe is sooo darling. LOVE the cheeks!
ReplyDelete