I have been sitting here, reading my cousin Becky's blog, looking at all of the pictures of her adorable kids. And, as I was doing this, I found myself getting totally emotional. For a lot of different reasons.
1. Because I can see how great of a mom she is, and I want to strive to be that amazing for my daughter.
2. I see all of the amazing things that she & her husband do for and with their kids. I started to think about all of the amazing experiences that I am going to be able to have with Makenzie, and her future brothers/sisters.
3. I think back on the last year- since Kenzie joined us. It has been an adventure for sure, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I hope that someday, I will be able to stay home (at least part time) with my kids, and be more a part of their lives. I would give anything to be there every day for Kenzie. But, right now, I have to settle for mornings, nights & weekends.
4. I can not believe how quickly time has gone. We have gone through so many stages in just 12 short months. At first, Kenzie slept most of the day, didn't smile, or giggle, or talk, or even move really. Now, she is almost walking, talking as much jibberish as she can, laughing all the time, crawling, cuddling, etc. She makes my heart melt. Always.
Her birthday is in under 2 weeks, and I have been putting together a party for her. i want it to be perfect, but I also keep reminding myself that she is only 1 year old, and she won't remember it anyway. But, I will. So- I will do my best to make her party perfect. Even if it's just perfect for a 1 year old's standards.
I can not believe I am going to have a 1 year old on my hands. Seriously. If you have a baby/kid(s)- cherish every moment with them, they go by way too quickly!
Happy New Year! | 2023 Recap
2 years ago



Awwww, Chrissy, I totally understand what you mean! I have had various mommy melt downs over the years. The day after Brandon's fourth birthday I was writing in his baby book and I started to bawl. He thought I was nuts! It is mind blowing how fast the time flies by and it is one of my biggest heartaches for sure:).
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you are an AWESOME mother, Chrissy! I know you do lots of things right... including an all-out birthday bash! (Just remember to roll with the punches that day.) Thanks for sharing the things about Kenzie that make you melt. I can't wait to see my own baby. You've inspired me to cherish every moment!
ReplyDelete